Super Mario Earrings

Happy Mario day everyone! 

Mario Day polymer clay earrings


(Get it, "MAR10"!)

I don't know about you, but the Mario Bros. series of games has been consistently one of my favorites. I've loved the character designs from the 8-big beginnings to today's cute and cuddly 3D versions. Even the monsters are cute and loveable! 

That's why when I first saw chain chomp and piranha plant earrings for sale on Etsy, I knew I wanted a pair of each for myself. I put off buying them until one day I came across the YouTube channel NerdECrafter

These tutorials changed my life (or at least my crafting game). Jackie is the reason why I started playing with polymer clay in the first place. Her videos make even tough projects look easier, and they are! There are so many more awesome and geeky tutorials on NerdECrafter, so please check them out! 

Here are a few Mario Bros. themed earring sets I made:

Chain Chomps

Mario Day polymer clay chain chomp earrings

*crazy barking noises*

Mario Day polymer clay chain chomp earrings


These are my favorite to wear because they are so fun! The chompers are doing their job and they're not letting go! The ear cuff gives it a little something extra too. 

Mario Day polymer clay chain chomp earrings


"Are you my mummy?"

Using this tutorial, I was finally able to make a pair of chain chomps for myself. Easy peasy! (Actually, that's not true. I spent hours working on this trying to make it look right. But it wasn't as bad or as hard as it looks!) Check it out:



Bullet Bills

Mario Day polymer clay Bullet Bill earrings


I made these for a friend's son. They were really fun and challenging to make. I still need to make a pair for myself! 

Mario Day polymer clay Bullet Bill earrings



I didn't use a tutorial for this one, just a lot of reference photos!


Piranha Plants

Mario Day polymer clay piranha plant earrings


They're my favorite!! I have several Venus fly trap plants in my house, so I'm a big fan of carnivorous plants. Even when they're trying to bite me! 

Mario Day polymer clay piranha plant earrings



"Feed us, Bowser!"

Mario Day polymer clay piranha plant earrings



Watch out, they bite!

Mine look a little different, but here's the tutorial I used from NerdECrafter:


I highly recommend not doing sharp points like I did. It can make your ears angry after a while! 

1-UP Mushroom

Mario Day polymer clay 1-UP mushroom earrings


I made these specifically for my birthday last year when I went to the EMP in Seattle to celebrate leveling up.

Even more perfect was the awesome Mario-themed mural they had there! 

Fangirl Crafter at EMP Mario mural




Who is your favorite Mario Bros. character? 

Fangirl Crafter Mario Day polymer clay earrings


I got the Mario themed font from FontSpace

No comments:

Post a Comment