Fire! Walk With Me

"Diane, 11:30 a.m., February 24th. Entering the town of Twin Peaks." -Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks)

Twin Peaks Mural on Twede's Cafe North Bend, Washington
Mural by Bruce Edwards of Magi-Graphics on the side of Twede's Cafe in North Bend, Washington. 

It's Twin Peaks Day! 

Last year I made my own trip to "Twin Peaks" for the first time after visiting Snoqualmie Falls and North Bend, Washington. Before this trip I had only heard of Twin Peaks from the Psych Episode "Dual Spires". In fact, every time I think of the opening to Twin Peaks the theme song from that episode pops into my head.

Snoqualmie Falls photograph by The Fangirl Crafter


Stopping first at the Falls, I had no idea it was part of the opening scene of a cult classic television show. There were a lot of tourists in the area, and understandably so because these falls are massive! Who doesn't want to see that on a hot summer day?

On the way out, Twede's Cafe came into view and I convinced Mom to pull over so we could stop by and check out the murals.

Twin Peaks Mural on Twede's Cafe North Bend, Washington


This stop sparked my interest in the show, and that very evening (or the next day, I can't remember) I began my journey into the world of Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks Mural on Twede's Cafe North Bend, Washington


"They've got a cherry pie there that'll kill ya!"-Dale Cooper

If you've ever watched the show or seen any of the episodes you'll know that it's straight up one of the strangest shows out there. There are weird things happening in Twin Peaks, and they all come to light after the iconic death of Laura Palmer. I tried explaining the show to a few people, but everything that comes out is rubbish compared to what the show actually is: practically indescribable. You have to watch the entire series in order to fully understand. If you're anything like me, you still won't, but it's okay.

So, to celebrate Twin Peaks Day I put together a Red Room/White Lodge/Black Lodge themed outfit!

Fangirl Fashion: Twin Peaks inspired outfit



"That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I was going to use this outfit in last year's Nerdvember hosted by the lovely ladies at Set To Stunning, but it never came to be. I'm really glad to finally see it put to use after thinking about it for so long.

Fangirl Fashion: Twin Peaks inspired outfit




"The owls are not what they seem."

This is not how I normally dress, and I never ever wear heels. I'll probably be wearing a much more casual version of this outfit today. This is just for funsies.

Fangirl Fashion: Twin Peaks inspired outfit


"Isn't it too dreamy?"

A little bit of Audrey Horne inspiration for these. She's one of my favorites!
Almost every bit of my outfit was thrifted from Value Village.

Have you watched Twin Peaks? If so, what did you think of it?

Hope you enjoy a nice slice of cherry pie with your coffee "black as midnight on a moonless night" and keep an eye out for fish in the percolator.

No comments:

Post a Comment